- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (make sure it's unsweetened and not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water (as needed for desired consistency)
- Gather Your Ingredients: As with any recipe, it's essential to have everything ready to go. Make sure you have your canned pumpkin puree, chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, ground cumin, paprika, and seasoning at the ready.
- Blend the Ingredients: In a food processor, combine the canned pumpkin puree, chickpeas, minced garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, ground cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Achieve a Smooth Consistency: Blend the ingredients until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency. If the hummus appears too thick, you can add a little water to achieve your desired texture.
- Season to Perfection: Now, it's time to taste your creation. Adjust the seasonings as needed. If you desire a tangier hummus, add more lemon juice. To enhance the nutty flavor, mix in extra tahini. You can also play with the spices to cater to your unique taste.
- Present Your Pumpkin Hummus: Transfer the pumpkin hummus to a serving bowl.
- Final Touches: For an extra flourish, garnish your pumpkin hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of paprika, and, if you'd like, some toasted pumpkin seeds or pine nuts. This not only enhances the flavor but also adds a beautiful visual element.
- Enjoy the Unique Flavors: Pumpkin hummus is a versatile and creative dish. Serve it as a dip with pita bread, pretzels, or an assortment of fresh vegetable sticks for a healthy snack. You can also use it as a spread in sandwiches, wraps, or as a dip for baked sweet potato fries. The possibilities are endless, and the unique flavors of this autumn-inspired hummus are sure to impress your taste buds.
Pumpkin hummus is not just a tasty fall treat but also an excellent way to incorporate seasonal ingredients into your meals. With its velvety texture and rich, earthy flavors, it's bound to become a new favorite in your recipe repertoire. Whether you're sharing it with friends and family at a gathering or indulging in a cozy night in, Pumpkin Hummus is a delightful, seasonal twist on traditional hummus that will have you savoring the tastes of autumn. So, whip up a batch and let the festivities of the season begin!