In the fast-paced world we live in, having convenient and healthy snacks on hand is a game-changer. These homemade protein balls are the perfect solution, offering a delightful combination of flavors and the energy boost you need. Whether you're a fan of classic vanilla, rich chocolate, or the fruity freshness of strawberries, these protein-packed treats are sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you fueled throughout the day.
Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Balls:
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup Shaklee Vanilla Plant Protein (or chocolate protein powder for a chocolaty twist)
- ½ cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey (or maple syrup for a vegan option)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- Dash of salt (optional)
1. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Use a spatula to mix everything until well combined. Adjust the amount of rolled oats if the mixture is too soft.
3. If the mixture struggles to hold a ball shape, add oats gradually (1 tablespoon at a time), stirring well before rolling again.
4. Measure each ball with a 1/8 cup and roll them up with your hands.
5. Store the protein balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
6. Consume within 5 days for optimal freshness.
Variation: For a chocolaty flavor, swap out the vanilla protein powder for Shaklee Chocolate Plant Protein.
Strawberry Energy Balls:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 6 pitted Medjool dates
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (divided)
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries
1. In a food processor, blend cashews until finely chopped.
2. Add dates, 1/4 cup of coconut, cashew butter, maple syrup, chia seeds, vanilla, and salt. Blend until the mixture is well-combined and clumps together.
3. Add freeze-dried strawberries and blend until dispersed throughout the mixture. Scrape down the sides and manually mix as needed.
4. Turn the mixture out into a bowl. Use a 1/8 cup to measure and roll into balls.
5. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup coconut on a plate and roll each ball in coconut.
6. Store the strawberry energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy within 5 days or store in the freezer for a delightful frozen snack.
Whether you're craving the classic combination of vanilla and peanut butter, the richness of chocolate, or the fruity sweetness of strawberries, these protein balls are a versatile and delicious snack option. Packed with wholesome ingredients, they provide a convenient way to boost your energy and satisfy your cravings. Prepare a batch today and enjoy the benefits of these delightful and nutritious treats!
Please share this recipe on your social media and tag @neighbornutrition